Block Captain Chairman: Looking for a Block Captain Chairman!
Our wonderful Block Captain Chairman, Kim Moore, has moved out of Baton Rouge to be closer to her family.
We are missing her enthusiasm and "people" skills!
If you are interested in becoming our new Block Captain Chairman, please notify either
We're looking for 13 (now 8) new block captains: (we have split up some of the longer streets)
1. Beacontree Dr. - 5 homes
2. Chester Dr. - 18 homes
3. N. Lake Estates Ave. - 5 homes
4. Oak Haven Ave. II - 14 homes
5. Oak Hills Pkwy. 1 (addresses 221-428 - 9 homes)
6. Oakdale Dr. 1 (addresses 1313-1517 - 15 homes )
7. Towering Oaks Dr. (1) - 14 homes
8. W. Lake Estates Ave. - 8 homes
Oak Haven Ave. I - 13 homes - Taken by Azura Hallett - Thank you!
Pastureview Dr. (2) - 19 homes Taken by Frances Brady - Thank you!
(Pastureview Dr. (3) - 19 homes - Aaron Biggers - moved from Part 1 to Part 3) - Thank you!
Pastureview Dr. (4) - 20 homes - Taken by David Sauls - Thank you!
Roan Ave. - 6 homes - Taken by Phillip Legendre! - Thank you!
Sundance Dr. (1) (addresses 912-1041 - 14 homes) - Thank you! - Mac & Cindy Twiner for helping -but still looking for permanent BC!
We successfully sold ads to finance the printing of our previous directory in 2019 and were able to distribute this directory
free of charge to all of our residents in our Greater Oak Hills Neighborhood! These ads were sold to some of our residents, as well as nearby businesses in the Baton Rouge area - mostly by our 2019 GOHCA board.
We are trying to expand our "sales team" by also asking any Block Captains, as well as our current and past board members to help with these sales! You can consult your 2020-2021 Directory to see the listing of all the advertisers who helped to fund that directory.
Duties of a Block Captain
1. Letter to all neighbors introducing yourself and letting them know you are their “go to person”. Notify Block Captain Chairman (Kim Moore and Membership Chairman (Martha Austin) with information such as selling home/moving, death of resident, new neighbors, any suspicious activity on street or neighborhood.
2. Let Membership AND Block Captain Chairman know of any updates for the directory, adds, changes and removals.
3. Distribute letters/call/email neighbors about events in the neighborhood, GOHCA Civic Association meetings and social events.
4. Forward any pertinent information to the GOHCA President, email@example.com OR to Membership Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org for information to be posted on the website.
To volunteer, email:
Martha Austin - email@example.com
or fill out the form above.
NOTE: You do not have to live on the street that you are block captain for.
Greater Oak Hills Civic Association
P.O. Box 82952,
Baton Rouge, LA 70884-2952
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org