Block Captain Chairman: Looking for a Block Captain Chairman!
Our wonderful Block Captain Chairman, Kim Moore, has moved out of Baton Rouge to be closer to her family.
We are missing her enthusiasm and "people" skills!
If you are interested in becoming our new Block Captain Chairman, please notify either
We're looking for 13 (now 12) new block captains: (we have split up some of the longer streets)
1. Beacontree Dr. - 5 homes
2. Chester Dr. - 18 homes
3. N. Lake Estates Ave. - 5 homes
4. Oak Haven Ave. - 27 homes
5. Oak Hills Pkwy. 1 (addresses 221-428 - 9 homes)
6. Oakdale Dr. 1 (addresses 1313-1517 - 15 homes )
7. Pastureview Dr. (2) - 19 homes
8. Pastureview Dr. (3) - 19 homes
9. Pastureview Dr. (4) - 20 homes
10. Roan Ave. - 6 homes - Taken by Phillip Legendre! - Thank you!
11. Sundance Dr. (1) (addresses 912-1041 - 14 homes)
12. Towering Oaks Dr. (1) - 14 homes
13. W. Lake Estates Ave. - 8 homes
Ellen Elias - GOHCA President
12226 Chester Dr.
(225) 819-0627 (home)
Duties of a Block Captain
1. Letter to all neighbors introducing yourself and letting them know you are their “go to person”. Notify Block Captain Chairman (Kim Moore and Membership Chairman (Martha Austin) with information such as selling home/moving, death of resident, new neighbors, any suspicious activity on street or neighborhood.
2. Let Membership AND Block Captain Chairman know of any updates for the directory, adds, changes and removals.
3. Distribute letters/call/email neighbors about events in the neighborhood, GOHCA Civic Association meetings and social events.
4. Forward any pertinent information to the GOHCA President, email@example.com OR to Membership Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org for information to be posted on the website.
To volunteer, email:
Martha Austin - email@example.com
or fill out the form above.
NOTE: You do not have to live on the street that you are block captain for.
Greater Oak Hills Civic Association
P.O. Box 82952,
Baton Rouge, LA 70884-2952
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org