Block Captain Chairman: Looking for a Block Captain Chairman!
Our wonderful Block Captain Chairman, Kim Moore, has moved out of Baton Rouge to be closer to her family.
We are missing her enthusiasm and "people" skills!
If you are interested in becoming our new Block Captain Chairman, please notify either
We're looking for just 4 new block captains!! :
1. N. Lake Estates Ave (TBD 1). - 5 homes
2. Oak Hills Pkwy. 1 (TBD 5) (addresses 221-428 - 9 homes)
3. Sundance Dr. 1 (TBD 7) - 14 homes (addresses 912-1041)
4. Towering Oaks Dr. 1 (TBD 11) - 13 homes (addresses 11802-11915)
Our Newest Block Captains (some are taking more than 1 street)!!
Oakdale Dr. 1 - 15 homes - (addresses 1313-1517) - taken by Nick & Christine Foreman - Thank you!
Oak Haven Ave. II - 14 homes (addresses 12016-12139) taken by Simon Nguyen - Thank you!
W. Lake Estates Ave. - 8 homes - taken by Karla Raby - Thank you!
Duties of a Block Captain
1. Letter to all neighbors introducing yourself and letting them know you are their “go to person”. Notify our GOHCA President, Ellen Elias or our Membership Chairman, Martha Austin, with information such as selling home/moving, death of resident, new neighbors, any suspicious activity on street or neighborhood.
2. We are looking for a volunteer to be the Block Captain Chairman!!! Until then, you can let Martha or Ellen know of any new updates for your BC list - new residents, any who have moved out of the neighborhood, etc.
3. Distribute letters/call/email neighbors about events in the neighborhood, GOHCA Civic Association meetings and social events.
4. Forward any pertinent information to the GOHCA President, firstname.lastname@example.org OR to Membership Chairman email@example.com for information to be posted on the website.
To volunteer, email:
Martha Austin - firstname.lastname@example.org
or fill out the form above.
NOTE: You do not have to live on the street that you are block captain for.
Greater Oak Hills Civic Association
P.O. Box 82952,
Baton Rouge, LA 70884-2952
Contact Us: email@example.com